Get your application prepared and submitted for the 2021 MILLARDS CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS SCHOLARSHIP. The committee encourages all Brant Skating Club skaters who meet the criteria to apply. All applications are due by Friday June 4, 2021 no later than 4pm.
The annual award, started in 2016, provides skaters opportunity to apply for consideration by written submission and a winner is selected based on their dedication to the sport and their accomplishments. Click Here for more information
The recipient is chosen by representatives of Millards and the competitive skater is awarded a plaque and $1,000 to be used to further their competitive amateur skating endeavours.
Past recipients have included Elizabeth Rogers, Ainsley Cowan, Jaymee Rogers, Olivia Balfoort (2019) and Laurel Cowan (2020).
For over 100 years, Millards has served the community of Brantford and Brant. They have previously been recognized by the Brantford Chamber of Commerce as a community leader, including 2006 Company of the Year, and as a great supporter of philanthropic efforts.
We thank Millards for their continued support of the development of our community, our skaters and the annual Flashing Blades ice revue.
MILLARDS CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS SCHOLARSHIP
As the scholarship is now being offered by Millards, the application criteria has been reviewed and amended by the committee in order to establish a basis for the scholarship.
OBJECTIVE: To award, on an annual basis, $1,000 to a competitive skater to be used to further their competitive amateur skating endeavours.
- A skater whose amateur status is in good standing
- A skater whose home club is, and has been, for the past two years prior to the application, the Brant Skating Club.
- A skater that has competed in at least two (2) competitions during the past year (2020-2021) in the Star Skate 3 or higher, W.O.S. development program or at the Sectional and National level. *DUE TO COVID-19, THE COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN WAIVED FOR THE CURRENT YEAR (2021).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation must accompany the application. These may be from a coach attesting to the skater’s achievements, potential and sportsmanship, a fellow skating member, a judge or an educational teacher.
- Skaters must also submit a signed letter from themselves expressing their interest in their sport and their proposed goals for the future as well as any results from competitions or tests.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, JUNE 4, 2021 BY 4PM.
SEND APPLICATIONS TO:
MILLARDS SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
C/O JULIE BAETZ
96 NELSON STREET
PO BOX 367 BRANTFORD, ON N3T 5N3
Applications can either be mailed or dropped off in person. Please ensure that all the requirements are met and that the application is received in one package.
THE SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE AWARDED AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD IN JUNE 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Julie Baetz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.